Monday, October 13, 2008

Java Johnny's Cincy UCI Cross: Report


DSC_0081.JPG
Originally uploaded by inquintessence
Day #1 in was at Sunset Park in Middletown and I was racing 13-14. Our race 40 minutes of pure suffering in the 85* degree weather. We ended up having 6 super fast riders in it. John started great and I gapped him on the barricade run-up. I didn't give up and just kept pounding it. I battled a many Cat-4 men including a great singlespeeder. In the end, John prevailed by minutes. I cramped pretty hard on the last lap though. He is an awesome rider who I expect to see do well at nationals.

I got to take some pictures of everyone from 45+ Beginner men to Elite Women. HERE are some photos of mine. RICK'S 743 photos are just awesome. Julie won her race dominately and Tony and Cameron and Nate looked good too. Bill, Jeff, and Derek didn't have the best days but still finished near the top of the 45-plusers. Rick scored a top 5 and Ehrlinger was a place behind Derek. Ernie got in an early crash but still managed a 28th place in Elite. Shawn pulled because of asthma.

1 comment:

Rick said...

way to represent Northern Ohio, Robert! Nice job this weekend! Julie didn't do too bad either! :-)